- By developing partnerships with academic and business sector, the centre seeks to achieve the following strategic objectives:
- To demonstrate, through research and practical-applicative projects, that protecting the environment supports its effectiveness in business and organization, both short and long term.
- To offer guidance and support for individuals, communities, enterprises and other organizations to create a culture of sustainability that encourage development and widespread adoption of mentality and practices of economically competitive, ecologically healthy and socially responsible character.
- To work together with other beneficiaries to ensure that the region will get recognition at national and international level for the knowledge and application of sustainable development.
- To lead and develop research in the field of sustainable development and integrated management of resources.
- To provide practice-internship training courses in applicative research for students at universities of the region and to offer opportunities for young professionals to use and improve skills through interdisciplinary teams.
- To establish partnerships in applied research to enable the exchange of experience in education and research opportunities for the students and faculties of the region.
- To develop and provide educational materials and courses on sustainable development.
- To organize regular events that provide opportunities for information exchange with communities.
- To develop and maintain partnerships to support sustainable development practices.
- To cooperate with academic institutions, public institutions and enterprises to create tools for monitoring and measuring sustainable development.
- The Centre supports the development of research at local, regional, national and international level on issues of sustainability.